Categorized | Blog, Music

The Death of Peter Steele: Band Confirms Reports Of Singer’s Death

It’s official. Peter Steele of Type O Negative has passed away. The band’s official website has confirmed the reports of his death on the evening of April 14th from heart failure. He was 48. Be sure to visit www.typeonegative.net to pay your respects or weigh in with your thoughts below.

Peter Steele 1962 - 2010

Reports began circulating this morning on the Internet that Peter Steele, the forty-eight year old bassist/singer for gothic rock band, Type O Negative had died from heart failure on Wednesday, April 14, 2010.

Steele’s friend Juliya Chernetsky from Fuse TV broke the news via her Twitter page.

“Peter Steele passed today. I loved my friend…our idol…my heart is with his band and family…” adding later that “he passed of heart failure”. This is not the first time that reports of Peter Steele’s death have surfaced. In 2005 there were rumors circulating that Steele had died. This time around however, it appears that the 6′ 7″ rocker has indeed tasted death’s sweet kiss.

Born Peter Ratajczyk on January 4, 1962 in Brooklyn, New York, Steele fronted Type O Negative. The band was dark and moody with songs containing dramatic lyrical themes of romance, depression and death. Type O Negative went platinum in 1993 with “Bloody Kisses”. Their latest album was produced in 2007 and is titled, “Dead Again”.

Source: Blabbermouth.net

9 Responses to “The Death of Peter Steele: Band Confirms Reports Of Singer’s Death”

1. Sharlene says:

My deepest condolences to Peter’s family, friends, and band, I’m sorry you lost a very talented person such as Peter, no one will ever replace that unique voice such as his. Once again my deepest condolences

2. Kelley says:

My heart is broken, I have been a fan of this band and this man since 1998, when I discovered their music through a friend, I have had the pleasure of meeting the man twice and have seen him in concert with Type O Negative 7 times, his presence and music will be greatly missed… RIP

3. Jason says:

Music has been a huge part of my life. Type O negative was one of a kind. Their sound is directly related to why i got into music myself. I’ve been to a few of their shows .The feel in the place was always so unique. I even brought my pregnant girlfriend because they was so amazing. I guess in a sense you could say my sons first show was type O Negative. From inside the womb. Doesnt get any cooler than that. This is a huge loss to me. but it is not about me. I send my deepest and most sincere regret to his friends and loved ones.Just remember life is short LIVE IT UP like he did.
    Much Love from me and my family

\m/ Jason

4. dasht69 says:

R.I.P. Peter! Words cannot express how much your music and attitude towards life in general has affected me over almost half of my lifetime. Though I have not seen you with Type O since 2000, I have been a fierce fan for over 15 years, bad, your music got me through a lot of really rough times; no matter how bad my mood was, I could always put on “Bloody Kisses” and I was instantly cheered up. I remember like it was yesterday, the show at Numbers in Houston back in 1999 where y’all blew out the sound system and to appease our wait you tossed out Gatorade and a whole head of lettuce! You and your band never ceased to impress me with every subsequent release after “Bloody Kisses” and continue to do so to this day. You will be missed buddy! Good luck in whatever afterlife you ascend to!

5. Family Fun says:

Its very sad to read… I am conveying my deepest condolences to Peter’s family…

6. Shari says:

I was taken to my first concert in Detroit 4 years ago by my fiancee. Since then we have gone to every concert Type O Negative has offered in Michigan. We were even able to attend on our wedding anniversary on Halloween.
    Peter Steele’s heart and soul always showed through his music even when he was not feeling well. Peter was human. His heart and soul will live forever through his music and the hearts of his friends, family and fans like myself. Peace to all.

7. Ash says:

couldn’t believe it!! I had missed their concert that came around a few months back.. it’s a shame.

8. Sergio Bueso says:

I will miss him so much, I am a big fan of the band.
    I hope he´s with god, and blessings to his family

9. Jason hall says:

Wow, we fell out of touch. This really hurts. We had many late nite conversations. Mostly very deep. He loved his band mates. I have been around many bands/rockstars Pete and the band are as cool as you get! Great without all the ego. K so hard to hear after the fact.. I hope that you all go on and get all the best that is coming to all of you! J hall San Diego

P.s love to his family and call if I can help. Still in the world

Best to all of you.