UFC 2009 Undisputed is an explosive fighting game detailing the action, intensity and attitude of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). Featuring an authentic and comprehensive UFC atmosphere, including an extensive roster of the best mixed martial arts fighters in the world, players will push the envelope with a powerful new game engine and put their best fighting disciplines to the test in the world famous Octagon. Take your best shot – UFC 2009 Undisputed is as real as it gets. Develop attributes, perfect moves and fights for entry into the UFC Hall of Fame through a series of dynamic storylines that build friendships and instigate intense rivalries.
Visit the official site for UFC Undisputed 2009 at www.ufcundisputed.com
Success in mixed martial arts in real-life is all about a fighter’s ability to combine different aspects of various fighting disciplines to his advantage when inside the octagon and that is exactly what players will need to do in UFC 2009 Undisputed. Ideally these combination of disciplines are used to devastate an opponent, but if used wisely they can also be used to frustrate and neutralize the power and tactics of a stronger fighter who can’t be knocked out. UFC 2009 Undisputed features the six international fighting disciplines that are used in the UFC. These six fall into two categories, striking disciplines and grappling disciplines, and include:
- Western Boxing (Boxing) – Boxing relies on complex foot maneuvers and quick jabs to mount a powerful offense.
- Kick Boxing – Kick Boxing is a fighting style that integrates boxing punches with a variety of martial art kicks.
- Muay Thai – Also known as ‘Thai Boxing,’ Muay Thai utilizes elbows, knees and low kicks often from the clinch position.
- Grappling disciplines:
- Wrestling – The oldest sport known to man, Wrestling consists of taking down your opponent using hand-to-hand maneuvers.
- Judo – Judo is a Japanese martial art that emphasizes on throwing your opponent and immobilizing him with grappling moves.
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu – Derived from Kodokan Judo, BJJ utilizes joint locks and choke holds to allow smaller/weaker combatants to defeat bigger, stronger opponents.
Gameplay in UFC 2009 Undisputed is designed to be the most authentic representation of mixed martial arts in a video game to date. To do this the game utilizes the six fighting disciplines to help the player develop actual strategies used by UFC fighters. Each playable fighter is initially assigned one striking and one grapple martial discipline. The fighting strategies that come out of these make up a player’s ‘standing game’ and ‘ground game,’ with the standing game reflecting your striking discipline and ground game your grapple.
The standing game consists of utilizing the precision of your striking style to breakdown your opponent with quick combos, kicks from the perimeter or knees and elbows in the clinch. After these have done their work you unleash your power and go for the knockout. The ground game on the other hand consists of knocking your opponent off balance, taking him down to the canvas and there going for a tap out via submission hold or securing dominant position and pounding away until it is over. In developing a ground game players will learn to use UFC 2009 Undisputed’s ‘ultimate fighting control’ game mechanic. This innovative control system initiated through the right stick, allows players to transition their fighter while on the ground from one advantageous physical position to the next. This control is available to both combatants while on the ground, so as players seek for optimal positioning they must also beware of counter moves. Regardless which strategy is preferred, players must acknowledge both. Although players may feasibly survive and even progress for a while using just the standing or ground game, sooner or later the in-game competition will demand the development of both.
Roster of Fighters:
A big part of UFC 2009 Undisputed’s dedication to realism is its extensive list of playable UFC fighters and other in-game characters familiar from the real-life world of Ultimate Fighting. The game features 80 headline fighters, 16 from each of the UFC’s five weight divisions. Fighters available include such notables as Brock Lesnar, Chuck Liddell, Anderson Silva, George St. Pierre, BJ Penn and many many more. In addition to the fighters, Undisputed also features realistic representation of in-game trainers, commentators, ring announcers, card girls and more that UFC fans will instantly recognize.
- Authentic UFC Personalities – Explore a deep roster of more than 80 top names in UFC competition across five weight classes and enter the Octagon surrounded by the sport’s popular commentators, announcers, referees, trainers, Octagon girls and more.
- Photorealistic Models and Effects – Experience the world of UFC as it appears on television with photorealistic fighters who breathe, sweat and move like their real-life counterparts. Players will also view amazing ripple effects across the faces and bodies of their fighters from the impact of devastating punches and kicks.
- Constant Control – Gain the upper hand in matchups with a brand new fighting game engine designed specifically for next generation systems. Emphasis on innovative, responsive and easy-to-play controls will give players unparalleled command of their fighters in the Octagon.
- Fighting Disciplines – Take down opponents and get the submission with a variety of mixed martial arts disciplines, including Judo, Muay Thai, Wrestling, Kickboxing, Boxing and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- Create-a-Fighter – Jump-start the career of a future champion by customizing your fighter’s physical appearance, learning new fighting techniques to use in the Octagon and managing the training process through attributes such as strength and cardiovascular health.
- Career Mode – Develop attributes, perfect moves and fight for entry into the UFC Hall of Fame.
- Multiplayer Support – Enjoy both local and online multiplayer support via Xbox LIVE.
Check out some screen shots of UFC 2009 Undisputed:
Jason Price founded the mighty Icon Vs. Icon more than a decade ago. Along the way, he’s assembled an amazing group of like-minded individuals to spread the word on some of the most unique people and projects on the pop culture landscape.