CraveOnline, one of the fastest growing next-generation male lifestyle sites, announces today the launch of the official website for the action-thriller Death Race 2, http://deathrace2.craveonline.com/ starring Luke Goss, Danny Trejo, Ving Rhames and Sean Bean from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The website for the all-new prequel to Paul W.S. Anderson’s 2008 adrenaline-fueled all action thrill ride, Death Race 2 will feature exclusive debuts of trailers, film clips, character profiles, images and interactive games based on themes from the film. Death Race 2 will hit shelves January 18, 2011 on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD.
Death Race 2’s partnership with CraveOnline marks the third venture with Universal Studios Home Entertainment for creating and hosting their official Blu-Ray™ and DVD destination websites. Past official website collaborations include Smokin’ Aces 2: Assassins’ Ball and American Pie Presents: The Book of Love.
“CraveOnline is excited to be working again with Universal Studios Home Entertainment for its second Death Race franchise film,” said David Cohn, Senior Vice President of Sales for CraveOnline. “By creating prominent custom sections comprised of unique features for studios and brands, we continue to establish ourselves as leaders in the online ad space and effectively reach audiences for their home entertainment needs.”
The Death Race 2 destination site will debut the different features and games in a series of phases in anticipation of the home entertainment release:
- Full-Length Trailer – Viewers will get an action-packed preview of the action-thriller before it debuts on Blu-Ray™ Hi-Def and DVD.
- Character Profiles – Learn more about the characters in the film played by actors Luke Goss, Danny Trejo, Ving Rhames and Sean Bean.
- Images – Be among the first to see some of the hottest scenes from the film.
- Film Synopsis
- “Blow Her Clothes Off Game” – A fun risqué game in which users will be given mini-missions to rev up the engine of one of the cars featured in the film in order to blow the clothes off of one of the car’s sexy navigators.
- “Sexy Navigator Bios” – Get to know the women of Death Race 2.
“Fans of Death Race will love the prequel’s high-octane action sequences and incredible special effects. With CraveOnline’s successful track record for hosting official websites for Universal’s other quality DVD OriginalTM franchises, we knew it would make sense to work with them again to engage current and future fans for Death Race 2,” stated Mike Wokosin, Vice President of Digital Marketing for Universal Studios Home Entertainment. “The official website brings interactive and entertaining features that really appeal to the film’s male audience, not only engaging them but also creating a loyal fan base.”
To experience the official Death Race 2 website, visit http://deathrace2.craveonline.com/