The exciting new film, ‘Art Machine,’ hits VOD on February 6th, 2014. Directed by Doug Karr the film stars Joseph Cross (Lincoln), Jessica Szohr (Gossip Girl), and Joey Lauren Adams (Chasing Amy). Get the lowdown on the film below and learn how to win an exclusive prize pack from Icon Vs. Icon!
Synopsis: At age six, child prodigy painter Declan Truss (Joseph Cross) was propelled into the art world as a rare marvel, but by seventeen, the tightrope of notoriety is catching up with him. Declan seeks inspiration as the immense pressures of an impending coming-of-age exhibition loom. His world explodes when he stumbles on a commune of rebellious freethinkers through an incendiary rooftop meeting with pyrotechnic outsider artist, Cassandra Moon (Jessica Szohr). Declan reaches beyond painting to wild experimentation, quickly spinning out of control. As he becomes consumed by his mania, he begins to regard his mother (Joey Lauren Adams) as part of a system that’s keeping him down, and magnetically rallies the rebels to take part in his progressively subversive art exhibition–one that will ultimately shock and destroy.
Set against the backdrop of Brooklyn’s vibrant art and music scene, Art Machine is a dark comedy about the tenuous relationship between art and commerce, the fine line between creative genius and clinical mania, and the damaging effects of fame.
One winners will be chosen from the entries. The winner will receive:
(1) Poster signed by the writers, director, producers and star Joseph Cross
(1) Special limited edition Art Machine T-shirt signed by the director
HOW TO ENTER THIS CONTEST:
1. Leave a comment on this post. (Note: All comments have to be approved by us due to spam, so if it doesn’t show up immediately — Don’t Panic!) On the comment, use your email address as that is how we will contact the winner for shipping information.
2. BE CREATIVE! (Keep Reading!) Tell us about the film that inspires you the most and why it tops your list! It doesn’t matter if the band is old or new, we want to hear who it is and what terrifies you. Make it fun as we will read every entry and we hate one sentence answers.
3. Swing by Facebook and like our Facebook Page at this location – CLICK HERE! We love hearing from you and adding to our numbers not only helps us bring you cool contests but add to our community.
4. Once you are entered — Keep your fingers crossed! The contest will run until February 6th, 2013. The winner will be notified that day!
Jason Price founded the mighty Icon Vs. Icon more than a decade ago. Along the way, he’s assembled an amazing group of like-minded individuals to spread the word on some of the most unique people and projects on the pop culture landscape.