For years, fans have been clamoring for the definite word on the making of George A. Romero’s classic 1982 horror anthology CREEPSHOW, the first of his many big screen collaborations with best-selling novelist Stephen King. Now 34 years later, Synapse Films and Red Shirt Pictures join forces to bring this terrifyingly entertaining story to life in JUST DESSERTS: THE MAKING OF “CREEPSHOW”, a special edition Blu-ray release documenting one of the greatest horror films ever made! The Blu-ray is slated for a July 12th, 2016 release!
In 1982, Author Stephen King, and Director George A. Romero collaborated on a feature-film tribute to the popular, and often controversial, EC comics of the 1950s. Told through five terrifying tales of terror, CREEPSHOW was a hit with critics and audiences alike, and has become a venerated horror classic over the past three decades since its release. With an all-star cast, and featuring gruesome and groundbreaking creature and make-up effects by genre legend Tom Savini, CREEPSHOW stands as a horrific and often hilarious tribute to the stories that helped influence (and corrupt) a generation of writers and filmmakers, and now the tales behind the creation of this chilling masterpiece can finally be told!
JUST DESSERTS: THE MAKING OF “CREEPSHOW” is filled with rare behind-the-scenes footage, photographs and other exciting memorabilia. Featuring over a dozen interviews, including George A. Romero, Tom Savini, Adrienne Barbeau, Ed Harris, Tom Atkins and many others, this Special Edition Blu-ray also contains hours of additional supplemental materials. These are the terrifying stories behind the film that promised you, “The Most Fun You’ll Ever Have BEING SCARED!”
• Audio Commentary with Director & Editor Michael Felsher
• Audio Commentary featuring interviews with Actor John Amplas, Property Master Bruce Alan Miller, and Make-Up Effects Assistant Darryl Ferrucci
• Creepshow Days – An interview with Director of Photography Director Michael Gornick
• Extended Interview Segments with George A. Romero, Tom Savini, and Bernie Wrightson
• Behind The Screams – A compilation of on-set video footage from Tom Savini
• Horror’s Hallowed Grounds with Sean Clark
• Scream Greats Volume One: Tom Savini, Master of Horror Effects with Optional Audio Commentary with Tom Savini
• Vintage 1982 Evening Magazine Segment shot on the set of the film, featuring rare cast & crew interviews
• Behind-The-Scenes of CREEPSHOW Photo Gallery
NOT RATED 2007 90 MINS. COLOR
Video: High Definition 1080p Widescreen (1.78 :1) Presentation / AVC Codec / Region Free
Audio: DTS HD-MA English 2.0 Original Stereo
Jason Price founded the mighty Icon Vs. Icon more than a decade ago. Along the way, he’s assembled an amazing group of like-minded individuals to spread the word on some of the most unique people and projects on the pop culture landscape.