Synapse Films has announced a Limited Steelbook release of their new restoration of Dario Argento’s cult classic, SUSPIRIA, in celebration of the film’s 40th Anniversary. While an official release date hasn’t been confirmed, it’s Synapse Films’ goal to start shipping sometime in mid-late November (which is subject to change). The set will include two Blu-rays + 1 CD. The film will be on its own Blu-ray disc, to maximize the quality for both picture and sound, with most extra features being on a separate Blu-ray. The set will be Region A locked.
Synapse Films is currently accepting pre-orders for shipping within North America. For those located outside of North America, contact DiabolikDVD.com.
There are currently no plans for a non-Steelbook® release at this time.
• Limited edition of only 6000 units produced
• Exclusive Steelbook packaging and collector’s o-card sleeve, featuring artwork from Malleus, Van Orton Design, Juan José Saldarriaga & Chris MacGibbon
• Three disc [Two Blu-rays + One CD] limited collector’s edition containing a new 4K restoration of the original uncut, uncensored Italian 35mm camera negative exclusively done by Synapse Films, with color correction supervised and approved by SUSPIRIA Director of Photography, Luciano Tovoli
• Original 4.0 1977 English language LCRS sound mix not heard since the theatrical release in 1977, presented in high-resolution DTS-HD MA 96 Khz/24-bit audio
• Italian 5.1 surround sound mix
• Two audio commentaries by authors and Argento scholars, Derek Botelho, David Del Valle & Troy Howarth
• Do You Know Anything About Witches? – 30 minute SUSPIRIA visual essay written, edited and narrated by Michael Mackenzie
• Suzy in Nazi Germany – Featurette on the German locations from SUSPIRIA
• A Sigh from the Depths: 40 Years of SUSPIRIA – All-new anniversary retrospective on the making of the film and its influence on cinema
• Olga’s Story – Interview with star Barbara Magnolfi
• Original theatrical trailers, TV spots and radio spots
• Special Collector Edition Booklet containing an American Cinematographer interview with Luciano Tovoli, liner notes by Derek Botelho and restoration notes by Vincent Pereira & Don May, Jr.
• “International Classics” English “Breathing Letters” opening credit sequence from U.S. release version
• Alternate All-English opening and closing credits sequences, playable via seamless branching
• Newly translated, removable English SDH subtitles for the English language version
• Newly translated, removable English subtitles for the Italian language version
• Exclusive CD remaster of Goblin’s SUSPIRIA motion picture soundtrack, containing additional tracks not included on the original 1977 soundtrack release.
Jason Price founded the mighty Icon Vs. Icon more than a decade ago. Along the way, he’s assembled an amazing group of like-minded individuals to spread the word on some of the most unique people and projects on the pop culture landscape.