The Greenwich International Film Festival has announced e the full film slate and programming for the 5th annual festival running May 29th – June 2nd, 2019 in Greenwich, Connecticut. Amazon Studios’ Brittany Runs A Marathon, a feature film about a woman living in New York who takes control of her life – one city block at a time, will serve as the Opening Night Film. Directed by Paul Downs Colaizzo, the film will screen on May 31st at the Bowtie Cinema followed by a Q&A with the Director and Opening Night Party at Gabriele’s of Greenwich featuring music by DJ Dinero. Additionally, the documentary The Map To Paradise, directed by James Sherwood and Danielle Ryan, will screen in partnership with The Nature Conservancy of Greenwich.
- Centerpiece Films include: Blinded by the Light, Brian Banks, Brittany Runs a Marathon, Safe Spaces, Auggie, Any One of Us, Luce, Cold Case Hammarskjöld.
- The Changemaker Award Gala honoring Eva Longoria Bastón for her work to help Latinas build better futures for themselves and their families through education and entrepreneurship on May 30th.
- A performance by Kesha at the Epic Anniversary Party Concert on Saturday, June 1st at The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY.
- The Ability in Disability panel moderated by Secretary Tom Ridge, will be held at Cole Auditorium at Greenwich Library on Saturday, June 1st at 1:00pm. Millicent Simmonds (Hearing impaired Actress – A Quiet Place, Wonderstruck) to receive the Make an Impact Award.
- Storytelling to Inspire Change panel sponsored by J.P. Morgan, to be held at Cole Auditorium at Greenwich Library on Friday, May 31st at 1:30pm.