Fans are invited to experience The Sopranos like never before as Max celebrates the legendary HBO Original series’ 25th anniversary. The streamer has dropped never-before-seen deleted footage and expanded access to behind-the-scenes content within the new, in-app Sopranos 25th Anniversary collection. The milestone celebration continues Wednesday, January 10th, with a cast reunion and fan experiences, including a partnership with Postmates for an official “Satriale’s” pop-up in New York and Los Angeles, fan screenings at Alamo Drafthouse, and more. Additionally, the brand has launched a new official Sopranos TikTok account to pay homage to the series, where fans can relive each episode in 25-seconds.
“’The Sopranos’ left an indelible imprint on the global entertainment culture and was instrumental in defining HBO as the destination for groundbreaking, award-winning programming,” said Zach Enterlin, Executive Vice President, Brand, Content & Creative, Streaming Marketing, HBO and Max. “The many ways we will honor this 25-year milestone will allow fans to celebrate the Soprano legacy and pay tribute to the characters that have had such an enduring impact.”
Celebrating the legacy of “The Sopranos,” the following festivities will provide fans with a diverse range of experiences, commemorating the series’ landmark 25th anniversary:
- Starting today, Max will launch The Sopranos: 25th Anniversary collection, which includes 15 deleted scenes, three of which have never been released. It will also include over five hours of behind-the-scenes featurette content. Additionally, every season of the hit series is currently available to stream on Max, The One To Watch for all things HBO.
- Max is reuniting the cast for a private, invitation-only Family Dinner. For this special occasion, the venue will transform into a Sopranos-themed setting, complete with series references throughout the venue and a curated menu inspired by the show.
- From January 11 through February 4 at Da Nico, a renowned Italian restaurant in New York City, guests can savor a delectable special menu featuring Sopranos-inspired dishes, such as Carmela’s Baked Ziti and Satriale’s Special Caprese, for an authentic taste of the Soprano family’s world.
- For one day only, on January 10, fans in New York and Los Angeles can savor the official Satriale’s pop-up, bringing an authentic Sopranos-inspired Italian sandwich from Ggiata in LA and Regina’s in NYC, right to their door, available exclusively through the delivery app, Postmates.
- Max is partnering with Alamo Drafthouse to host “Family Reunion” fan screenings in New York and Los Angeles on January 10, marking the official anniversary of “The Sopranos” premiere. These special screenings will showcase the pilot episode, allowing fans to revisit the show’s beginnings. Max will enhance the experience with special guest appearances, including “Sopranos” actress Sharon Angela hosting the L.A. screening, alongside Sopranos-themed concessions, trivia sessions, photo opportunities, and swag giveaways.
- Episodes of “The Sopranos” will be available to sample through select cable partner’s free on-demand platforms. Episodes one and two from Season One will also be accessible on Max’s YouTube channel. Additionally, @TheSopranos will launch on TikTok, where fans can relish in Sopranos in :25, to relive each episode in 25 seconds.
- Max is partnering with Robert Iler and Jamie-Lynn Sigler for a special 25th Anniversary edition of their podcast, Not Today, Pal. They’ll reminisce about their roles as Meadow and AJ on The Sopranos and answer questions from fans. The full episode will be available on January 18 via the HBO YouTube channel and all major podcast platforms.
- The festivities continue when the HBO Shop and New York ‘Escapewear’ brand Tombolo, partner to offer various special-edition products for the 25th anniversary. Select merchandise is now available with new items being introduced throughout 2024.
For more information, please visit Max.com/sopranos25, the ultimate fan destination for celebrating The Sopranos’ 25th anniversary. To stay up to date follow @HBO, @TheSopranos and @StreamOnMax using the hashtag #Sopranos25.
Jason Price founded the mighty Icon Vs. Icon more than a decade ago. Along the way, he’s assembled an amazing group of like-minded individuals to spread the word on some of the most unique people and projects on the pop culture landscape.